The Main Causes of Sciatica Pain
How many health care providers have you been to as an attempt to find a solution to your sciatica pain? Most people suffering from this type of pain go from physician to physician until they finally give up on trying to heal the pain and give into the recommended prescription pills because at least they cure the symptoms - temporarily at least. With that being said, many of these people also feel uncomfortable taking such medications. Not only can medications become addicting, but they can also have a variety of health and side effects. But if your looking for a more natural cure for your Sciatic pain, look no further than your nearest Chiropractor.
A Little about Sciatica
One thing that many people who suffer from sciatica pain don’t know, is that the pain associated with it can actually be linked to a completely different problem going on within the body. Comprehensive tests from your local chiropractor can help to look for the root cause of your pain, instead of just filling your body with prescriptions and medications to numb it. This type of holistic healing approach is one that is only offered by chiropractors.
But what could be at the root of the problem?
▪ Subluxation: This occurs when there is pressure put on the nerve (the one that creates sciatica) from a slight vertebra misalignment. With the help of a good chiropractic adjustment, the pressure can be removed and sciatica can be relieved.
▪ Spinal Stenosis: This is when pressure is placed on the nerves through a narrowing of the spinal canal. This can cause sciatica pain
▪ Spondylolisthesis: If one of your vertebrae ever slips, it can cause the opening that the nerve goes through to narrow. The result is pain and discomfort.
▪ Herniated Disc: Herniated discs are discs that have grown in size. When this happens, pressure is placed on the nerve root and again, the end result is pain
▪ Piriformis Syndrome: Our buttocks consists of many different muscles. The piriformis muscle is the one that most commonly tightens, and when this happens pressure is placed on the sciatic nerve.
The truth is that there are so many different things that can contribute to sciatica pain, that until you have the proper tests done it is virtually impossible to understand where the pain is coming from. Fortunately, these tests can be completed upon your first visit to the chiropractor.
When should you start looking for help?
If you visit other health care providers outside of the Chiropractic realm, many will tell you that mild sciatica pain will not get worse. Unfortunately, this usually isn’t true. If you want to put sciatica pain in its place, seeing a chiropractor is the best way to go. Once we have determined the root cause of your pain we can put together solutions that will help your body to heal naturally and effectively. Treatments could include adjustments, as well as things such as physical therapy and dietary changes. If you can commit to the plan your chiropractor sets in place, you can dispel your sciatica pain and start living in comfort. If you live in or near Spokane, call us today @ 509-535-5771!